N. Every day is a new day for new things and new learning.

N.

New things are learnt every day - as such, for as long as I can remember, there was a teacher at my school back in the days when I was a high school student, who insisted we didn't use the word 'learnt' but use 'learned' instead. Here is a link to the correct usage of the word:

https://writingexplained.org/learnt-vs-learned-difference

Recently, at University level, I was corrected in an essay to use the word 'learnt' instead of learned, which is odd, considering I am at Masters Level. Oh, how I digress at times, anyway, one with my story...

Today, a bolt of lightning hit me on the head when I realized the many lectures I was in with Doctor Roberto Parada last year are all beginning to make sense. Jolt after jolt of 'ahhhhhhhhs and ohhhhhhhs took me back to his lessons on John Hattie as I make the link to how important 'feedback' is to students and how feedback is a vital method of assessment. 

More on this tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H. Hello and welcome to another post...

T. Teaching strategies begin with the setting of goals.

A. Annotations to becoming a reflective teacher - my A to Z of things...

C. Creating progress as a reflective teacher - so on and so forth...

B. Becoming a reflective teacher - part B

V. V is for Victory... ...a need to pick my battles.

Y. Y is for why on earth...

O. Ohhhhhhhh my God.

L. Now I am going to take you through my ideas on 'learning'...

J. Jajajajajajajajajajajajajaja is the best medicine.