M. Mastering the art of learning

M.

What profoundness to suggest I am mastering something. At what level is 'masters' level and how does one evaluate this level? What is the point of measure when becoming a 'master' of something? How do we compare one master against another? Is a master like "Master Yoda" in Star Wars? What was George Lucas referring to when he created the Jedis? 

I am currently reading a book called "Psychology for inclusive education" edited by Hicks, Kershner & Farrell (2009). Chapter one by Gary Thomas discusses the epistemology for inclusion and references the great work of Skinner and a statement he made in 1972 that still resonate with teachers of today:

"What, after all, have we to show for nonscientific or prescientific good judgement, or common sense, or the insight gained through personal experience? Is it science or nothing?"

More to come on this point...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H. Hello and welcome to another post...

T. Teaching strategies begin with the setting of goals.

A. Annotations to becoming a reflective teacher - my A to Z of things...

C. Creating progress as a reflective teacher - so on and so forth...

J. Jajajajajajajajajajajajajaja is the best medicine.

L. Now I am going to take you through my ideas on 'learning'...

O. Ohhhhhhhh my God.

B. Becoming a reflective teacher - part B

E. is for an email I sent my lecturer at university...

V. V is for Victory... ...a need to pick my battles.